Colombia Coffee Farm Tour
Discover what is behind a good cup of coffee with authentic Colombian coffee growers
Cali Coffee Farm Tour | Why is Colombian coffee so popular? What is behind a Colombian cup of coffee that makes it so special?
In Colombia we are blessed with ideal geographical and climatic conditions for coffee growing. This combined with the care and passion from the coffee growers in each step of the process, and the strict controls that guarantee the quality of each grain, providing a rich coffee industry with economic, social and environmental sustainability. This all amounts to a high quality product.
With the Cali Coffee Farm Tour, you will be a witness to the process for each stage of production: making the Colombian bean juice. You will learn about the history of coffee and how it is made, from its origin in the Ethiopian highlands, all the way to the Colombian soil.
Real Coffee Experience
At the coffee farm, you will enjoy a complete tour through the coffee plantation, discovering the seven types of coffee trees that converge in different stages of development with its natural surroundings creating a self-sustainable farm. Here you can also find multiple varieties of birds and butterflies that coexist to decorate the landscape and enrich your experience.
You will live the experience of being a coffee picker or making coffee quality control selection, and you will see step by step the complete process from sowing to obtaining the final product.
In the future, the aroma and each sip of coffee that touches your palate, will make you relive this experience, since you will be henceforth aware of everything that is behind a good Colombian coffee | Cali Coffee Farm Tour.
…quality coffee made with love!
The fare includes:
– Local bilingual guide.
– Round trip transportation from Cali.
– Pick up and drop off from your place of accommodation (restrictions apply).
– Entrance to the coffee farm.
– Introduction and history of the origin of coffee in the world and in Colombia.
– Tour of the coffee plantations.
– Explanation of the work of coffee cultivation.
– Experience of being a muleteer or chapolera (coffee harvesting according to the time of year).
– Coffee Ritual: It teaches how to prepare a good cup of coffee, using traditional methods.
– Medical insurance and assistance.
– Snack (breakfast).
– 100% Colombian coffee (unlimited).
The fare does not include:
– Tips (optional according to your lived experience).
– Additional services or products not specified in the plan.
– Transfer back to the lodging place.
NOTE: (the tour ends in the San Antonio neighborhood or at the meeting point).
– Carry digital or printed identification document: PA, CC, CE, TI or RC.
– Wear sneakers with good grip or hiking boots.
– Preferably wear long-sleeved clothing, but keep it cool and comfortable.
In a small backpack bring: Rain poncho or waterproof jacket, plastic bag, cap or hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent and a bottle of water.
– The tour will not be canceled in case of bad weather, your belongings will be stored in a locker at the beginning of the tour, what you carry from then on must be waterproof, consider bringing a waterproof bag or plastic bag to store the elements that you want to take during the tour.
Monday to Sunday
Starts: 7:00 am
Duration: 8 hours approx.
A group of minimum 4 people is required for this experience.
It is not necessary to reserve all the seats, since it is a group activity to which other travelers can join. In the event that the minimum group is not completed, our agency will notify you to reschedule the tour.
For an extra price you can take the tour privately or pay the corresponding price according to the number of participants.