Pico de Loro Hike / Farallones de Cali
Conquer its peak at 2860 m. above sea-level
Pico de Loro Pance (Parrots Peak) offers a connection with Mother Earth as you walk through a misty forest that takes you to a stone peak, “Pico de Loro” (Parrot Peak). As you break through the mist you will be rewarded with an extraordinary view of the valley and the Farallones de Cali.
PICO DE LORO EN PANCE | FARALLONES DE CALI
Conquer the most famous trail in the mountains near Cali
In our Adventour we will walk, run, jump and climb, the trails of this dense cloud forest that is surrounded by an abundance of waterfalls and rivers. Once here you will feel in peace with yourself and your surroundings, breathing in fresh air from the Pacific Ocean.
Pico de Loro hike is located within the Farallones of Cali National Natural Park, and is inhabited by more than 540 species of birds, and other animals, both groups containing species that are endangered or unique to Colombia. Here, more than 30 rivers that supply the south west of Colombia are born. It is a nature lover’s paradise, and we are privileged to experience its beauty.
The fare includes:
– Local guide (available only in Spanish).
– Pick up and drop off from your place of accommodation (restrictions apply).
– Round trip transportation from Cali.
– Entrance fee to the natural reserve.
– Medical insurance and assistance.
– Visit to the environmental education center “El Topacio”.
– Ascent to Pico de Loro.
The fare does not include:
– Tips (optional according to your lived experience).
– Additional services or products not specified in the plan.
– Carry digital or printed identification document: PA, CC, CE, TI or RC.
– Wear sneakers with good grip or hiking boots.
– Cool sportswear: Long-sleeved shirt and pants.
– Hiking and camelback poles (optional).
In a small backpack bring:
– Swimming suit, spare dry clothes, small towel, flip-flops, rain jacket or poncho for the rain, hat, sunscreen, mosquitoes repellent and bottle of water.
– The tour is not canceled in case of bad weather, what you use or bring to the tour must be waterproof, consider bringing a waterproof bag or plastic bag to store the items you want to take during the tour.
Monday to Friday (not holidays)
Duration: 8 to 10 hours approximately.
A group of minimum 3 people is required for this experience.
It is not necessary to reserve all the seats, since it is a group activity to which other travelers can join. In the event that the minimum group is not completed, our agency will notify you to reschedule the tour.
For an extra price you can take the tour privately or pay the corresponding price according to the number of participants.
In the event that it is necessary to do the tour in English, at the time of booking there will be the option to pay for this extra service.