THE CALI SUGAR CANE MUSEUM
A trip through local traditions and customs.
Cali Sugar Cane Museum – Travel back in time and bear witness to the charm and romanticism of a Latin American love novel. Learn the traditions and evolution of the main economical practice of our region.
We will visit the main haciendas of our region including one which is the inspiration of a romantic novel and another which is the icon of our sugar cane abundance. The Hacienda El Paraíso and the Cali Sugar Cane Museum or Hacienda Piedechinche that holds years of culture and knowledge.
These two tourism icons rich in architecture, art, flora and fauna receive every year an important amount of visitors looking for a quiet walk surrounded by beautiful landscapes and history.
Both haciendas keep the memory alive of what life was like in the XVIII and XIX centuries, maintaining the pleasant freshness, adorned with rose bushes and illuminated by the radiance of the first rays of sun every morning.
This tour puts us in direct contact with nature. We will discover natural history, artisanal and agro industrial exploitation of sugarcane, along with the main scene of the Latin American romanticism’s top novel, make this excursion a unique and unforgettable experience.
The fare includes:
– Local bilingual guide and driver.
– Pick up and drop off from your place of accommodation (restrictions apply).
– Round trip transportation from Cali.
– Entrance fee to the hacienda El Paraíso (Hacienda La María).
– Entrance fee to the Hacienda Piedechinche and the Sugar Cane Museum.
– Visit of the town of Santa Elena to see the monument dedicated to Efraín and María.
– Medical insurance and assistance.
. Eating Plan:
– Lunch (menu of the day and drink).
– Artisanal wine tasting.
The fare does not include:
– Tips (optional according to your lived experience).
– Additional services or products not specified in the plan.
– Transfer back to the lodging place.
NOTE: (the tour ends in the San Antonio neighborhood or at the meeting point).
– Carry digital or printed identification document: PA, CC, CE, TI or RC.
– Wear sports shoes or shoes that are comfortable for walking, wear light clothing, a cap or hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent and a bottle of water.
– The tour will not be canceled in case of bad weather, consider bringing a rain poncho, waterproof jacket or umbrella.
Tuesday to Sunday
Duration: 7 hours approx.
A group of minimum 4 people is required for this experience.
It is not necessary to reserve all the seats, since it is a group activity to which other travelers can join. In the event that the minimum group is not completed, our agency will notify you to reschedule the tour.
For an extra price you can take the tour privately or pay the corresponding price according to the number of participants.